4K vod stuttering

lailanis

Hi

I just bought xrs4900. I like the buzz 5, I'm still learning how to use, features to add... 

I just noticed some of 4k movies on vod don't play, well they do play for few seconds but stutter and get blocked for 10 seconds or so then plays for a seconds then stops again 

It doesn't happen for all 4k movies but just some of them

I tried same movie from on same iptv server on a formuler box and I noticed same the issue

I then tried same movie using smart iptv on LG TV and it played well without any stuttering 

So I'm guessing it's a codec issue, I don't know if there is a way to try a different media player or if someone is having similar issue. I can give access to my box or give a trial to same server and will tell you the movie that does not play as it should

Thx 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lailanis said:

Hi

I just bought xrs4900. I like the buzz 5, I'm still learning how to use, features to add... 

I just noticed some of 4k movies on vod don't play, well they do play for few seconds but stutter and get blocked for 10 seconds or so then plays for a seconds then stops again 

It doesn't happen for all 4k movies but just some of them

I tried same movie from on same iptv server on a formuler box and I noticed same the issue

I then tried same movie using smart iptv on LG TV and it played well without any stuttering 

So I'm guessing it's a codec issue, I don't know if there is a way to try a different media player or if someone is having similar issue. I can give access to my box or give a trial to same server and will tell you the movie that does not play as it should

Thx 

pm allaboutbuzz with your info

1 hour ago, nbs. said:

I forgot to ask if you have tried both media players?

what 2 media players you are referring to? are there 2? I only use the default one with buzztv 5, not sure how to switch with a different player f it exists

when you say pm info. what kind of info he needs? but anyway I can send him more info. I know it's an .mkv that is being played

Thanks

23 minutes ago, dishuser said:

menu/settings/configuration

you mean switching between default and secondary. Yes I just did that and it's still stuttering

btw which one you guys use for both live/vod/series: default or secondary? 

Thx

5 minutes ago, lailanis said:

you mean switching between default and secondary. Yes I just did that and it's still stuttering

btw which one you guys use for both live/vod/series: default or secondary? 

Thx

for me mostly secondary but if I get out of sync I switch to default

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 3:30 PM, skidoouky said:

If u installed vlc is there an option to use that player as well?

Our next update
You will be able to use an External Player for VOD/TV Series

Default player that's pre installed already on Buzz 5 is VLC.
We use LibVLC, which is VLC without the UI of VLC.

And do not ask me when this update is available..lol
As I have no current date for it.

• Haha 2