Adding storage to an E1

RobertK

Question:

I have some friends who just ordered the E1. I notice that the internal storage is rather limited.

I suggested they add a 64 or 128BG tfcard and expand the internal storage that way.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to expand/"adopt" the tfcards storage?

thx in advance!

Edited by RobertK
typo

On 5/31/2021 at 11:59 AM, RobertK said:

Question:

I have some friends who just ordered the E1. I notice that the internal storage is rather limited.

I suggested they add a 64 or 128BG tfcard and expand the internal storage that way.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to expand/"adopt" the tfcards storage?

thx in advance!

thx what worked was the old 'click about 7 times ' to get into developer mode. Then select storage reform at as internal storage. That merged the internal and external  as 'adopted' storage.

This has pros and cons but to just extend the storage on the E1 (or other Android TVs like the JVC or Skyworth 40/43" models running Android 9) it worked well.

The people I got the E1 for are pleased with the unit. I'm still happy with the 4500max just eagerly awaiting the new PVR software!

• 4 weeks later...