Vidstick Max: Judder/Flicker on some channels (multiple devices/services)

Has anyone else experienced an issue with flickering or juddering pictures from their Vidstick Max on certain 1080 channels? It doesn't happen on all of them, and I'm seeing it on two different devices on two different TVs, and across different services. I don't get the same on my XRS4000 I have in another room, which is what is making me think it's to do with the sticks rather than any service/HDMI port issues.

Do you think it's possibly to do with compatibility with the codecs involved, and if it is could it be resolved in a firmware update?

Edited by WhatBar
Typo

1 minute ago, Ryu said:

wondering if you ever adjusted any video settings? if yes I would factory reset one of stick and leave everything default then compare and and see if happens again. 

No, I haven't changed anything on that side of things. I bought them both off of eBay, so they were factory reset just in case before I started using them. 

thank for the info. so far I have not heard or seen any thread regarding  this issue from anybody all over net. so possible two defective stick? possible hardware issue? I maybe wrong but if software related issue then we would see more reports. 

did you check and see if theres new update available? 

16 minutes ago, nbs. said:

Can you change locations with the xrs4000 and see what happens?

As in try the 4000 on one of the other TVs? I can, but I'm having the same issue with two different sticks on two different brands of TV as it stands (one HDR and one not), so I'm not sure the TVs are the issue.

EDIT: In fact thinking of it, before I bought the 4000 I was using one of the Vidsticks on that TV, and had the same issue with juddering on there. That TV is just a 32" 1080p set.

Edited by WhatBar
Added more info

On 5/30/2021 at 10:27 AM, WhatBar said:

As in try the 4000 on one of the other TVs? I can, but I'm having the same issue with two different sticks on two different brands of TV as it stands (one HDR and one not), so I'm not sure the TVs are the issue.

EDIT: In fact thinking of it, before I bought the 4000 I was using one of the Vidsticks on that TV, and had the same issue with juddering on there. That TV is just a 32" 1080p set.

Try changing this setting

From Home Screen
Go to Settings
Go to Advanced Settings
Go to Picture

Go to DNR
Change it from Medium to OFF

It should help resolve this issue
If not, let me know

Thanks

14 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Try changing this setting

From Home Screen
Go to Settings
Go to Advanced Settings
Go to Picture

Go to DNR
Change it from Medium to OFF

It should help resolve this issue
If not, let me know

Thanks

Unfortunately not, I'm still having the issue with DNR set to off.