Features eg Miracast and casting

Scuba1900

On 5/29/2021 at 10:46 PM, Ryu said:

builtin miracast does not work but third party apps works fine. I tried one ApowerMirror app and worked fine.

The issue with the version of Miracast app is its very old
And with the newer phones + android versions that have come out over the years, am sure the protocols + apis etc are outdated

I think we will consider removing Miracast in our next update, to avoid complaints and bad customer experience.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, allaboutbuzz said:

And with the newer phones + android versions that have come out over the years, am sure the protocols + apis etc are outdated

I think we will consider removing Miracast in our next update, to avoid complaints and bad customer experience.

I agree with you. Thanks 🙂

6 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Or just place here in the forum to upgrade to the latest Miracast ?

On 5/31/2021 at 2:12 PM, allaboutbuzz said:

Can you share which Miracast software was installed ? Can this be upgraded from the play store ?

20 minutes ago, Scuba1900 said:

Can you share which Miracast software was installed ? Can this be upgraded from the play store ?

It was provided by Amlogic
So its a system app
So they do not update it on the PlayStore.

There are tons of other Miracast apps on the Playstore
So am not sure which one to recommend