XRS 4900 PVR fails to record

lsbuzz

Hi,

I recently purchased a Buzztv XRS 4900 from Amazon.ca and updated it on the first setup. I am setup with IPTV and when I try to record a channel it begins recording, then shortly it will either fail or stop recording. Even when it doesn't error out the recorded channel wont play in the PVR.

Also when entering the settings menu it forces it to stop the recording.

What could be causing this issue?

The recording storage is set to internal. Only option I see available.

Something I read on another post when checking my network connection is that ethernet was showing as not connected even though the programing works and it is only connected via ethernet. I enabled and disabled wifi and it now shows as connected. 

Doing a recording test to see if it works now.

Is the box able to record when the unit is powered to standby, or does it have to be left on for it to work?

That would be amazing if you could power it off and still be able to record.

I have my Logitech remote turning tv > receiver > buzztv on and off. There I don't have an option to have it not turn it off on power command.

I did set the power function to standby hoping it would work.

12 minutes ago, nbs. said:

you can leave it on the home page I think it works on standby not 100% sure though

In a future update you will be able to power it off

Were currently working on being able to wake up box to record from shutdown/full power off and standby
We currently have wakeup from shutdown/full power off working, just finishing up from Standby

We also just finished adding
- Create Manual Scheduled Recordings from schedule menu
- Record Multiple Days, like Every Tuesday or Every Day or Every Thurs and Saturday etc.
- Playback a recording from recordings menu while its still being recorded (This only works on servers that offer 2+ connections)

We plan to release this on our next update
Along with the New VOD + TV Show menus and added features there.

• Like 1

Did two more recordings as a test. One of them said it was completed 30m tv slot and only a couple minutes recorded from it.

The next recording test said it completed as well. When I press play on the PVR recording it tries to open and flashes back to the PVR menu.

Could I have a defective unit? I tried everything I can think of.

1 hour ago, lsbuzz said:

< Update >

It turns out I can only record the channel I am watching. If I switch channels it breaks the recording....

Is this down to the stream provider or the unit itself?

The Buzz 5 app has a way to detect if the server you're using supports record + watch another
This only works on XC Login + M3U Servers

MAC servers is not possible to offer record + watch another, as they only allow 1 stream per subscribed MAC.

1 hour ago, allaboutbuzz said:

The Buzz 5 app has a way to detect if the server you're using supports record + watch another

MAC servers is not possible to offer record + watch another, as they only allow 1 stream per subscribed MAC.

I have a mac server that allows 2 connections

• Like 1

19 hours ago, allaboutbuzz said:

Thanks for letting me know, this is great information!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I've been trying to get my device to record now and I keep getting a fail message in the PVR listings. I have an SSD formatted to the device, with settings to send all recorded shows to the SSD, but waitching live or setting the channel I am watching to record 2 min later it's just not recording. What am I missing?

have you tried that ssd with your pc and see if it pops up and try to save and play form it on different device.

remove ssd drive and try to record internally. if that works then reformat ssd again and try again. if it does not then either it was not formatted properly or doing something wrong.