Recording frustrations... any ideas?

Hello!  I have had my SRX4500max for a month now, generally very happy with it  but recordings have very much been 'hit or miss'. 

I am aware that streams get interrupted by buffering/lags and bit rate related issues. As well as number of connections etc.

One thing I am certain is that I am not having issues related to storage size as I have a 500GB SDD attached.

What i am noticing is sometimes I get a recording and sometimes I dont. Using a File Explorer app I check the storage location to see if teh file is there or not.

When I program a recording I can not set the target file folder on the BuzzTV 4 app. Would be good to be able to do this (like TiVimate allows).

What I notice is this file structure    (I assume /pur/4/  indicates the fourth playlist?:

/Storage/<drivename>/Android/data/buzz..../Files/Down.../pur/4/Channel/null// 

or, when (usually) successful then a channel name with a datastamp as part of the name and  a .ts extension.

My question for the developers is this: the recording shows a 'check mark' next to the name and date of the scheduled recording but if there is no file name then it is obviuously not successful,

It would be nice then instead of a check mark to have an X indicating it wasnt successful. Then if I were to click on the X it would take me to an error log which would give some indication as to why itfailed!

Please send this to the developers for their consideration.

I have another question I will post seperately!

Thx, R

On 5/13/2021 at 12:18 AM, RobertK said:

Hello!  I have had my SRX4500max for a month now, generally very happy with it  but recordings have very much been 'hit or miss'. 

I am aware that streams get interrupted by buffering/lags and bit rate related issues. As well as number of connections etc.

One thing I am certain is that I am not having issues related to storage size as I have a 500GB SDD attached.

What i am noticing is sometimes I get a recording and sometimes I dont. Using a File Explorer app I check the storage location to see if teh file is there or not.

When I program a recording I can not set the target file folder on the BuzzTV 4 app. Would be good to be able to do this (like TiVimate allows).

What I notice is this file structure    (I assume /pur/4/  indicates the fourth playlist?:

/Storage/<drivename>/Android/data/buzz..../Files/Down.../pur/4/Channel/null// 

or, when (usually) successful then a channel name with a datastamp as part of the name and  a .ts extension.

My question for the developers is this: the recording shows a 'check mark' next to the name and date of the scheduled recording but if there is no file name then it is obviuously not successful,

It would be nice then instead of a check mark to have an X indicating it wasnt successful. Then if I were to click on the X it would take me to an error log which would give some indication as to why itfailed!

Please send this to the developers for their consideration.

I have another question I will post seperately!

Thx, R

The new pvr software will be released in the next few weeks 

• Like 1

See my post "where are the techies from Buzz"?

Seeing as how we are buying this product, getting a manual that is virtually useless, they should at least be replying to these questions and concerns.

I've seen businesses fail because of poor customer support. Can you imagine.. you buy something at Best Buy, there is something you can't figure out, you go to the store for answers and they tell you to ask the customers how to figure it out?

1 hour ago, onlt the brave said:

Seeing as how we are buying this product, getting a manual that is virtually useless, they should at least be replying to these questions and concerns.

I've seen businesses fail because of poor customer support. Can you imagine.. you buy something at Best Buy, there is something you can't figure out, you go to the store for answers and they tell you to ask the customers how to figure it out?

Well, in all fairness, I see this as a hobby. If you want reliable linear tv then IPTV may not be the right way to go for some people.  Having had a myGica box the last few years I did my research and it was either spending $C250 on a Shield or $C200 on the buzz.  There are other boxes, many are cheaper. Yes the customer has some expectations of the software on the box. But in fairness this vendor does have a few direct channels and eventually responds. I have had good and not so good experiences with other vendors so I am not dumping on Buzz. So far they are in the middle. 

I am looking forward to a good PVR experience using Buzz5 and their reworked PVR software. I also have Tivimate 3.6 on the  4500max and it works as advertised. I can record with it. Any issues using Tivimate are more as a result of the nature of IPTV itself (lag/buffering/interruptions). I have three different subscriptions (mainly because IPTV isnt that useful without a good EPG) and I have 6 different EPGs. Like I said this is a hobby. 

As for your BestBuy remark. Well, my experience is different from yours I guess. Once I leave the store and they have their sale I find they wash their hands of you pretty quickly. That goes for other stores as well (Visions etc).

My experience is that if you cut people some slack, ask focused questions in forums, do your research you eventually get to a decision point of either solving your issue or you move on and accept you made a bad purchase. Life is short. Tech is (often) buggy.

4 hours ago, onlt the brave said:

using best buy is a lousy example

a few years ago I bought a new tv and hdmi ports didn't work

they told me to contact samsung

now that's poor customer service

52 minutes ago, dishuser said:

oh and if you want support from best buy it will cost you

it's called the geek squad

correct, for some thats the way to go. If you are a big org and have economy of scale it makes sense. If you are a Buzz/Geniatech/MyGica not sure you can expect the same level of back end support.

I'm just happy there is still some development going on. I am a long time SlingBox user, next year Sling is turning off the locator server effectively meaning oiutside of your own home network Slingbox is useless for placeshifting. Which is really too bad because it was a unique product/service. Closest functionality is something like VBox Communications XTI series 4144/47 which is great in Europe but with the limited OTA channels here its not worth the investment. But thats a vendor who does a decent job at posting documentation.

You're right Best Buy was not the best example, so rather than using them as an example lets use this analogy. If I go to a store and I get excellent service I'm likely going back as long as I get that quality of service.

My point is this would you buy a car after researching it and seeing the same problems reflected over and over again with the company who sells the car relying on customers to tell other customers how to fix the car?

Let's face it the 3000 had problems, many complained about the same problems being experienced, they released a new version and upgrade and still it appears that many of the problems still exist and new ones have appeared.

I'm just saying support could be better from Buzz.

BTW  Dishuser, I'm not certain as to your answers, are you an angry person or are you being tongue in cheek? An emoticon 🙂 can put some emotion into a reply.🤫

12 minutes ago, onlt the brave said:

You're right Best Buy was not the best example, so rather than using them as an example lets use this analogy. If I go to a store and I get excellent service I'm likely going back as long as I get that quality of service.

My point is this would you buy a car after researching it and seeing the same problems reflected over and over again with the company who sells the car relying on customers to tell other customers how to fix the car?

Let's face it the 3000 had problems, many complained about the same problems being experienced, they released a new version and upgrade and still it appears that many of the problems still exist and new ones have appeared.

BTW  Dishuser, I'm not certain as to your answers, are you an angry person or are you being tongue in cheek? An emoticon 🙂 can put some emotion into a reply.🤫

in your thread a "techie" did reply to you so why keep saying customers

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 11:54 AM, onlt the brave said:

If you could PM me the issues with the 3000 it would be appreciated

Because as of right now, were unaware of any issues on the 3000
It was one of our best sellers with lots of positive feedback during the time we sold it.

• Thanks 1