Ethernet Keeps Disconnecting

Bandit035

Just purchased a VRS4000    I have it hooked up through ethernet but when I connect to a VPN it disconnects and I either have to shut it off/on or go into settings and IP settings and click on DHCP to get it to reconnect. Then if I switch VPN locations it disconnects again. Any ideas or is this a defected box?

1 hour ago, Bandit035 said:

Just purchased a VRS4000    I have it hooked up through ethernet but when I connect to a VPN it disconnects and I either have to shut it off/on or go into settings and IP settings and click on DHCP to get it to reconnect. Then if I switch VPN locations it disconnects again. Any ideas or is this a defected box?

This looks to be a software issue. were looking into the problem

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bandit035 said:

Same happening to me. At first I thought it was my VPN, IPVanish. Then I used VYprVPN and the same happened. WiFi is fine but Ethernet is disconnecting. 

12 hours ago, Shoma said:

Same happening to me. At first I thought it was my VPN, IPVanish. Then I used VYprVPN and the same happened. WiFi is fine but Ethernet is disconnecting. 

2 questions,

1. Do you have your VPN setup under settings on your XRS4000?
2. Do you have your VPN setup via VPN app?

3 hours ago, BigBision said:

2 questions,

1. Do you have your VPN setup under settings on your XRS4000?
2. Do you have your VPN setup via VPN app?

Mine is setup via VPN app. I cannot find the option under Settings. 

Edited by Shoma

On 11/22/2019 at 5:03 PM, Bandit035 said:

We reported this issue of Ethernet disconnecting when using VPN to Amlogic. This problem is happening to all S905x2 chipsets. For time being use Wi-Fi when using VPN to avoid disconnects.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stugots said:

We reported this issue of Ethernet disconnecting when using VPN to Amlogic. This problem is happening to all S905x2 chipsets. For time being use Wi-Fi when using VPN to avoid disconnects.

Good News our team found a work around to this problem and sending out a new software update hopefully tomorrow. Beta testers have confirmed our work around fixed the problem

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, staff49 said:

Hello, I have the xrs4000, I have problems with the player, with the default player and the secondary player, and I'm not the expiration date of my subscription that is displayed, I'm in beta mode buzztv 4.0.391.

please post in the beta section.