remote not working and new batteries are used

AndroidNeedsHelp

good afternoon folks, my dad has Buzztv iptv3000 when we unplug the box from the power source and the internet it goes off and when we plug back in it goes to start right away as if we never unplugged the box to reset it, now it brings us to the main page that shows Live TV, VOD, Apps, Market, Settings, etc. however when we use the remote to use the arrows to click on live tv nothing happens the same as when i click the live tv option directly on the remote, i also tried to get the cursor option to come on and select the option that way and nothing. I have had the box unplugged several times, and the last time was for 10 minutes. not sure how to get the box "unfrozen" or the remote "unfrozen" please help. 

1 hour ago, AndroidNeedsHelp said:

good afternoon folks, my dad has Buzztv iptv3000 when we unplug the box from the power source and the internet it goes off and when we plug back in it goes to start right away as if we never unplugged the box to reset it, now it brings us to the main page that shows Live TV, VOD, Apps, Market, Settings, etc. however when we use the remote to use the arrows to click on live tv nothing happens the same as when i click the live tv option directly on the remote, i also tried to get the cursor option to come on and select the option that way and nothing. I have had the box unplugged several times, and the last time was for 10 minutes. not sure how to get the box "unfrozen" or the remote "unfrozen" please help. 

test your remote to see if its working properly