No option to chage the MAC :(

Nelutz

Hi everyone, I got two new xrs to replace my xpl3000 but when I got at the server settings no more the option to change my Mac address, why Buzz removed that option?I have few several servers that I'm trying with other xpl3000 and some are different Mac addresses now my new XRS are kinda useless 😞 ,why they have to remove that option ,you guys going backwards now?

I know that I have to contact my resellers to chage the mac address but is such a hassle because some will take 24-48 hours to remove the old mac addresses from the server.

Edited by Nelutz

3 hours ago, Nelutz said:

Hi everyone, I got two new xrs to replace my xpl3000 but when I got at the server settings no more the option to change my Mac address, why Buzz removed that option?I have few several servers that I'm trying with other xpl3000 and some are different Mac addresses now my new XRS are kinda useless 😞 ,why they have to remove that option ,you guys going backwards now?

I know that I have to contact my resellers to chage the mac address but is such a hassle because some will take 24-48 hours to remove the old mac addresses from the server.

Changing mac addresses created way too many issues and resulted in several boxes getting blocked from service providers.  Most providers support "streaming line" and its supported on xpl3000 and xr4000/xrs4000 models. Streaming line (username/password) allows you to use on multiple devices without the need to change your mac address.  Simply ask your service provider for a streaming line account.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stugots said:

Changing mac addresses created way too many issues and resulted in several boxes getting blocked from service providers.  Most providers support "streaming line" and its supported on xpl3000 and xr4000/xrs4000 models. Streaming line (username/password) allows you to use on multiple devices without the need to change your mac address.  Simply ask your service provider for a streaming line account.

True I can do that,but why do I have to go to all that trouble?when not all the servers support that 😞 ,was so easy to change before ,now is more hassle 😞

9 minutes ago, Nelutz said:

True I can do that,but why do I have to go to all that trouble?when not all the servers support that 😞 ,was so easy to change before ,now is more hassle 😞 ,you saying that that some boxes got blocked because of that ,but me never had that problem or my customers  ,even though if I buy a box now I'm responsible for my actions or what I do with the box right? since I pay fully for it.

9 hours ago, Nelutz said:

Changing the mac option was not intended or designed to used the way your using it. Hence the reason why it was hidden feature in the first place.  Because it created too many issues for consumers,providers and resellers it had to be removed. I cant explain it in any other way..... 

Use streaming line or another APK that allows you to change mac address are 2 easy solutions.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stugots said:

Changing the mac option was not intended or designed to used the way your using it. Hence the reason why it was hidden feature in the first place.  Because it created too many issues for consumers,providers and resellers it had to be removed. I cant explain it in any other way..... 

Use streaming line or another APK that allows you to change mac address are 2 easy solutions.  

It was my opinion from my point of view as a buyer and reseller, ofcorse you guys can change , add take out what ever you want but in my opinion is a draw back ,btw I have a lot of ppl asking me about the option why is out ,now I will tell them why 🙂, I doubt they will want to update their xpl3000 to the xrs.

22 hours ago, Nelutz said:

It was my opinion from my point of view as a buyer and reseller, ofcorse you guys can change , add take out what ever you want but in my opinion is a draw back ,btw I have a lot of ppl asking me about the option why is out ,now I will tell them why 🙂, I doubt they will want to update their xpl3000 to the xrs.

Other brands don't support this feature for the same issues we experienced. You wont be the only person with this opinion but it was a decision we had to make.